Sean Greenbek's Quasi-Diary

Yeah, I said 'diary,' bitch.

3.26.2006

HipOppotamus

Today my roommate, Ed, and I decided to go shopping for some new threads. Eventually we ended up at DSW where I intended to buy a pair of brown sandals for spring and summer. I found those, but then an extremely cool pair of shoes caught my attention.

They’re a brand I hadn’t heard of, HipOppotamus, and supposedly they’re made in Italy. They’re so slick! I’m a big fan of nostalgia, and the first thing that I really thought of was bowling. It somehow captures that spirit of being on a local bowling team like in Married with Children or The Flintstones. The design, along with the shades of brown captures a mood.

They’re subtle though, and because they’re so sleek they’re easily overlooked. Upon further examination, though, one discovers just how cool these puppies are: Too Cool for School.

Not only that, but they are comfortable as hell, in a good way. I really wanted them at the store, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to drop another fifty bucks. When I tried them on, however, the light feel and snug fit sealed the deal.

I can say with confidence that I now own the hippest shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home